Back to Table of Contents
Reset block chain and transactions
Occasionally you get transactions that never seem to confirm. If you have a transaction that has not confirmed for several hours but you know it is definitely on the block chain (because you visited Blockchain.info or Blockexplorer.com and checked the transaction ID) then you can reset your block chain.
This process gives MultiBit Classic the opportunity to revisit old transactions. During this process MultiBit Classic will check if a transaction has fully confirmed. If so, then it will appear in your transaction list.
How to reset the block chain
- Verify that your computer's clock is showing the correct time.
- Open MultiBit Classic and make sure the wallet you are interested in is selected in the 'Wallets' side panel.
- Go the 'Tools | Reset Block chain and Transactions' menu option.
- This brings up a new screen. To reset the selected wallet click the 'Reset block chain and transactions' button.
- MultiBit Classic will start reloading the block chain. This can take some time. Just let it run and download the block chain. When it is finished, your wallet should reflect what is on the block chain.